Information for Parents and Guardians
Below are some forms you may need in the course of our working relationship together, as well as information about our commitment to your privacy. Some of this information can be complicated – please contact us if you have any questions or need help.
Your Health Privacy
If you need to cancel a session, please call the Cancellation Line / Michelle at 619/598-2924. For same-day afternoon sessions, please call or text the supervisor. Notice is required by 7AM the day of the session for cancellation or a $50 service fee will be charged. Cancellation is required in the case of any contagious condition that includes discolored mucous, fever, vomiting or rash of unknown origin. Behavior interventionists may cancel a session if they believe they are at risk for contacting an illness from my child or family member.
Books We Recommend
- Latham, G.I. (1990) The Power of Positive Parenting. Logan, UT: P & T Ink
- Barbera, M.L. (2007) The Verbal Behavior Approach. Philadelphia, PA: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Newman, B., Reinecke, D.R., Hammond, T. (2005) Behaviorask: Straight Answers to ABA Programming Questions. Copyright Bobby Newman.
- Newman, B., Reinecke, D.R., Hammond, T. (2003) Behaviorspeak: A Glossary of Terms in Applied Behavior Analysis. Copyright Bobby Newman.
- Friman, P.C. (2011) Good Night, Sweet Dreams, I Love You: Now Get Into Bed and Go To Sleep! Boys Town, NE: Boys Town Press
- Paige, L. (2011) Parenting with Science: Behavior Analysis Saves Mom’s Sanity.
- Minahan, J., Rappaport, N. (2012) The Behavior Code: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Teaching the Most Challenging Students.
- Baily, J., Burch, M. (2006) How to Think Like a Behavior Analyst: Understanding the Science That Can Change Your Life.